Phase 1 for e-invoicing came into effect on 4th December 2021. The solution chosen must be following the clauses set forth for the Resolution on the Controls, Requirements, Technical Specifications, and Procedural Rules and any subsequent resolutions.
Companies must follow the below-given steps to evaluate their e-invoicing solution.
- Determine which system among your existing source systems would have the impact of e-invoicing; whether it is an ERP or an accounting system or a POS solution.
- Identify the transactions in the business process for which eInvoicing is applicable. Example: Tax invoice, CN/DN, Self-billing export, etc.
- Evaluate the readiness of existing billing system providers/ERP providers to configure/integrate the systems to meet the e-invoicing requirements.
- Verify the following points with eInvoice solution provider.
- Prohibited functionality like Anonymous access, Ability to operate with a default password, Absence of user session management
- Prohibited functionality like Allow alteration or deletion of generated e-invoices or their associated notes, allowing for log modification/deletion, generated with inaccurate timestamps, Non-sequential log generation, Electronic Invoice counter reset
- Prohibited functionality like Allow ability to generate more than one Electronic Invoice sequence at any given time
- Check if the solution provider covers the structure of Invoice and CN/DN as per ZATCA guidelines. Example: E-invoices and associated notes must have all the mandatory fields stipulated by the Authority as specified in Annex 2 as per the enforcement timelines. E-invoices and associated notes must comply with the business rules assigned to the conditional fields, and with the field content validations (allowable values). E-invoices and associated notes should be time-stamped.
- Provide facility to Export generated electronic Invoices or Notes for archival purposes for files with names consisting of: VAT registration number + Electronic Invoice or Notes issuance date + Electronic Invoice or Notes issuance time + Electronic Invoice or Notes reference number (IRN)
- Verify the chosen system which is used to generate Simplified Electronic Invoices and associated Notes with QR code print reflecting required details complying to ZATCA guidelines.
- Check if the system generates Invoice & its associated notes in Arabic language and alternatively in English.
- Check if the system can communicate with ZATCA E-Invoicing Integration Portal through API Integration with XML structured format.
- Check for generation of Universally Unique Identifier (UUID), Previous Invoice Hash & Cryptographic Stamp, XML or PDF/A-3 with an embedded XML file by the electronic invoicing system.
The solution of choice must be as per Phase -I & II capabilities.
Taxilla enInvoice- KSA for companies to do e-invoicing in Saudi Arabia has all the required functionalities and features complying with Phase 1 & 2. Please reach us for a quick demo of the solution.